St. Mary's Church, Woodbridge
"We are here for the glory of God; to be the body of Christ, broken and restored to reflect the Gospel in our lives."
(see also Diary, Notices & Events )
... continued (Pew Sheet for 17th December, 2017)
For Thought and Private Prayer
- For the members of our congregation who sit on the Diocesan Synod, Deanery Synod and the Parochial Church Council and that the decisions they take will reflect our desire to be the body of Christ in this place.
- For those whose life and work is on the river. For boat builders, chandlers and the many visitors who moor their boats in this area.
- For all countries who develop nuclear power and for international support to abandon its use for the purposes of war.
- For Doreen Ash, John Ball, Matthew Bayfield, Alan and Margaret Bradley, Susan Brown, Jean Burridge, Christopher, Derek, Phyllis Davis, Heather Deere, Roy Denson, the Eaden family, Greta Holmes, Roshan Horabin, Lindsay, Anderly Kellett, Sheila Mayston, Richard Phillips, George Pipe, Gwynneth Rhys-Jones, Roger, Aileen Sanderson, Sarah, Sarah, Michael Stagg, Sarah Louise Thurlow, Mary W., Alex Wood, Malcolm Wright and all who are unwell.
- For Elizabeth Angela Campbell Miles for whom a Service of Thanksgiving is in Church, 1130 Friday 19th January 2018.
Readings for Today
Isaiah 61.1-4, 8-end; 1 Thessalonians 5.16-24; John 1.6-8, 19-28.
Readings for Next Sunday
2 Samuel 7.1-11, 16; Romans 16-25-end, Luke 1.26-38.